The Global Commerce Support Program(GCSP) is a contribution program that amalgamates three funding programs for Canadian national associations, communities, companies and researchers.
Global Opportunities for Associations (GOA)
- For Canadian national associations seeking to undertake new or expanded international business development activities, in strategic markets and sectors, for the benefit of an entire industry (member and non-member firms).
- Allows for annual non-repayable contributions ranging from a minimum of $20,000 to a maximum of $150,000 over a one-year period from April 1 to March 31. Provides matching funds of up to 50% of eligible expenses.
Invest Canada-Community Initiatives (ICCI)
- For Canadian communities aiming at attracting, retaining and expanding foreign direct investment.
- Provides matching funds of up to 50% of eligible project costs per year, for a total contribution not to exceed $300,000 per project per year.
Going Global-Innovation (GGI)
- Designed to promote and enhance Canada’s international innovation efforts by supporting Canadian researchers (from private companies, universities and non-government research centres) in pursuing international collaborative R&D opportunities through the development of partnerships with other countries/economies.
- Provides assistance by contributing up to 75% of eligible expenses.